This article was 1st published on our sister Site, Digital World Native.
Ever since it launched way back in 2012, Raspberry Pi Model B & its successors have revolutionized programmable computing. Anyone with US $20-35 to spare could buy this tiny PC.
Well, today, those guys have taken 1 more step – launching the Raspberry Pi Zero. And, hold your breath, this ‘Made in Wales’ PC comes with a price tag of $5.
Zero is a full-fledged member of the Raspberry Pi family, featuring:
- Broadcom BCM2835 application processor
- 1GHz ARM11 core (40% faster than Raspberry Pi 1)
- 512MB of LPDDR2 SDRAM
- A micro-SD card slot
- A mini-HDMI socket for 1080p60 video output
- Micro-USB sockets for data and power
- An unpopulated 40-pin GPIO header
- Identical pinout to Model A+/B+/2B
- An unpopulated composite video header
Raspberry Pi Zero runs Raspbian & all fav applications, including Scratch, Minecraft & Sonic Pi.
It is available today in the UK at element14, The Pi Hut & Pimoroni, & in the US from Adafruit & in-store at the local branch of Micro Center.
Image Credit: Raspberry Pi Zero