Customer feedback is imperative in any business, be it in the real world or Online. However, unlike brick & mortar establishments, Websites do not have the advantages of having a dedicated staff to gauge & report the visitor feedback. ‘Fathom’ claims to improve Website mechanisms to help convert visitors into clients.
Most apps rely on Website statistics to gain insight into these factors, however, these results could be inconclusive. For instance, how do you explain why a visitor didn’t finalize the sale despite reaching the checkout?
- Segmenting: Monitoring & sectioning user activity dependent on the type of interaction they have with a Website. Fathom can offer categories of people for interview selection.
- Recruitment: Fathom selects potential participants according to a site owners predefined outline.
- Interviewing: Visitors, willing to be interviewed can be questioned about their activities over interviews, may be booked for a specifically selected date & time.
- Recording: All interviews are recorded & transcribed. This information is saved to a client’s account.
- Compensation: In order to convince visitors for an interview, Fathom can be setup to offer users compensation for participation like gift cards or vouchers.
- Reporting: Recordings are used to generate reports which can be used to fix problems uncovered via the interview process.
Fathom gives clients the option to choose whether or not they want to outsource the interview & reporting process. Moreover, they claim to have trained market research teams to help them with the procedure.
Fathom believes that by approaching directly to customers or visitors, site users, managers & owners can gain valuable insights into their thought process & expectations. And this information can arm them with a better strategy to win the customer trust.
You can sign-up to join Fathom’s beta list to receive an invite.
– This is a startup profile based on publicly available material & not a review –
Image Credit: Fathom
Don’t leave without reading this…
… we seek a favor. Online advertising revenues are falling, especially for media Sites. Also, as you may have realized, unlike many media & publishing organizations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we firmly believe that information, including our content must be accessible by all across the globe. But content takes a time & money to produce. If you’ve read the above piece & liked it, we urge you to contribute in our support.